Predictive Engineering is a finite element analysis consultancy based in Portland, Oregon.
We work with clients across North America, providing consulting services and engineering software, training and support. We strive to exceed client expectations for accuracy, timeliness and knowledge transfer.
As such, we are seeking qualified, driven FEA engineers that want to succeed and contribute to a growing company.
Predictive Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all races and creeds to apply for this position. We promote bike commuting and advocate healthy lifestyles. Predictive offers a 401k pension plan with a matching contribution in addition to full healthcare benefits.
Open Career Opportunities
Staff Mechanical Engineer, MS or PhD
Location: Portland, OR
Hiring: Immediate (posted March 27, 2020)
We are looking for a mechanical engineer with the passion and drive to create world-class FEA simulations of complex structures and systems.
Predictive Engineering: Our clients turn to us to solve their most difficult simulation challenges. We have a nationwide reputation for providing state-of-the-art numerical analyses across broad industrial sectors from medical, aerospace, marine, automotive, chemical, mining, and general consumer products. If you strive to be the best in your field, this is the place for you.
- US Citizen (this is a necessary requirement since we do classified work)
- +3 years as full-time simulation engineer
- MS or PhD with an emphasis in solid mechanics
- Keen understanding of FEA theory and practice
- Graduate work in mechanics (i.e., dynamics, composites, elasticity, continuum mechanics, plates and shells, etc.)
- Demonstrative communication skills via engineering reports, presentations or sales activities
- Competitive personality as demonstrated by scholastic and/or sports activities
Ideal Candidate: Advanced degree in solid mechanics. Comfortable writing high-quality engineering prose for proposals and reports. Our project work is constantly changing and you should be comfortable with independently researching solutions and developing analysis checks to verify your assumptions.
Here is a list of traits that would ensure success in this position:
- Inquisitive and engaging – never shy about asking questions and capable to self-start and self-solve
- Dedicated to getting the right answer even if it involves all-night slogs through research papers and books
- Ability to quickly learn new analysis techniques from linear dynamics (e.g., PSD) to composites to fluid structure interaction (CFD/SPH/DEM/ALE)
- Wants to be part of a team that is setting the bar for state-of-the-art finite element analysis solutions
Staff Position Description:
- Ability to manage small projects (<$50k) in an entrepreneurial manner. This implies: (i) in-depth examination of the project’s goals and deliverables with full client involvement, (ii) execution of the analysis work with attention to detail and modeling efficiency, (iii) exceeding the client’s expectations for delivery and quality, (iv) maintaining a follow-on relationship to ensure that the project work was correctly implemented and had a successful outcome, and (v) you take intense pride in your work.
- On-site engineering work (outside of Portland) is expected to be no more than five weeks a year.
- A keen sense of artistic balance in report and document preparation.
Salary: $80 to $110k
How to Apply: Send us a brief cover letter with your current resume. We would also appreciate seeing an example of your engineering project work in graphical format. Please be kind to us and keep your submittal as brief as possible. One can send their submittal electronically via our Contact page. One can download a PDF of this announcement as Predictive Engineering Staff Engineer MS or PhD.
Predictive Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Predictive offers a 401k pension plan with a matching contribution and a complete health care benefit plan. One starts with 15 days of paid vacation along with another 8 days of national holidays. We promote bike commuting and advocate healthy lifestyles with group activities from skiing, mountain biking, water sports, boot-camp and consumption of social beverages.